EEBA Conference Will Be Held in Arizona This Year
Mark your calendars — the Energy and Environmental Building Alliance will meet in Scottsdale on September 25-27
If you're interested in attending one of the best conferences in the country, don't miss this year's conference of the Energy and Environmental Building Alliance (EEBA).
Founded in 1982, EEBA has consistently promoted superinsulation and energy-efficient residential construction techniques for the last 30 years. The three-day conference is being held in Scottsdale, Arizona on September 25 through 27.
Experts from around the country
This year's conference includes 55 educational sessions on a wide range of building science topics, including:
- A presentation by Iain Walker of monitoring data from 10 deep-energy retrofit projects in California.
- A presentation by Michael Keesee of monitoring data and lessons learned from 6 deep-energy retrofit projects in California.
- A presentation by John Proctor on why air conditioners for hot, dry climates need to be designed differently from air conditioners in hot, wet climates.
- A presentation by Robb Aldrich and Carl Shapiro on burying attic ductwork beneath fluffy insulation in hot, humid climates. (Hint: To avoid condensation problems, you first have to encapsulate the R-6 flex ducts with 1.5 in. of closed-cell spray polyurethane foam.)
- A presentation by Patrick Huelman on solving ice damA ridge of ice that forms along the lower edge of a roof, possibly leading to roof leaks. Ice dams are usually caused by heat leaking from the attic, which melts snow on the upper parts of the roof; the water then refreezes along the colder eaves working it's way back up the roof and under shingles. problems and improving a home's thermal performance by installing one or more layers of exterior rigid foam insulation.
- Another presentation by Patrick Huelman on interior and exterior basement insulation strategies.
It's not too late to register
For more information, visit the EEBA website. The cost to register for the three-day conference is $550.