Video Series: Replacing a Window in a Brick House
In a 4-part video series, Mike Sloggat explains how to inspect existing windows and, if appropriate, install an insert replacement window in a brick home
Brick walls can seriously complicate window installation and can sometimes confuse even the most experienced builders. Fortunately for us, Mike Sloggatt, who has thirty years' experience working on brick houses, was available to show us how to assess the situation and do the job right.
In this video series, Mike will demonstrate how to:
- Inspect the condition of the existing window to determine if it is a good candidate for a new insert window.
- Measure for a new insert window.
- Shim, level, and fasten the insert window.
- Air-seal between the new unit and the jamb of the original window.
- Install interior and exterior trim.
This first episode is available to everyone. The rest of the episodes are available to GBAGreenBuildingAdvisor.com Pro members only.
Click this link to see the first episode: Video: Replacement Window in an Old Brick House.
Wed, 09/19/2012 - 21:47
Thu, 09/20/2012 - 07:19