I recently came across the web site for Hubble Water Heaters of New England. They offer a Hubble PBX heat pump water heater model that comes in 50 gallon, 80 gallon and 120 gallon variations. The main feature of this water heater is that it offers a cement (concrete) tank, as opposed to the more common glass tank models. You may have to Google the web site. We are a family of four (two teenagers) in Tennessee in an all electric house. Garage located 50 gallon electric water heater that rarely drops below 48F in the winter.
1) Does anyone know anything about this company and this particular water heater?
2) Could this be the best available heat pump water heater? If not, what are the drawbacks?
3) What is the payback period of this type water heater over standard 50 electric gallon water heaters?
in the South?
4) What is the payback period of a solar water heater in the South (excluding Arizona, Florida and
5) I am also considering an A O Smith Voltex 80 gallon Heat Pump water heater. Is there a better
choice than these two mentioned and why?