GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

My wife and I recently bought an old summer home which we are converting to a year round home. The house is about 100 years old and currently has no insulation. My plan is to insulate the basement and attic as soon as possible. I have decided to insulate

abramj | Posted in Energy Efficiency and Durability on

The house is also badly in need of a new roof, which I am in the process of doing now. There are some spots where it was leaking and the sheathing is still a bit damp. My insulation strategy being an unvented cathedral ceiling I am guessing it’s fairly important I let it dry out before insulating?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. user-2310254 | | #1

Abram,

Where are you located? Are you creating cathedral ceilings or just assuming that's the best strategy for your roof? Also note that part of your question is missing. Perhaps you want to add some detail.

2. abramj | | #2

Yes, most of my question got cut off there. I'll post a new one....

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |