GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Is it ok to use a commercial warp over a fluid applied WB?

user-7020549 | Posted in Energy Efficiency and Durability on

I am building an apartment building in Kirkland WA by lake Washington in a high wind location. Currently I am using a liquid applied weather barrier( Barritech VP by Carlisle). For additional protection from the wind driven rain and air intrusion, I would like to use an additional layer of warp such as Tyvek commercial warp over the fluid applied WB. My question is whether this is a good or a bad idea? would the combined layers allow or prevent any moisture that gets into the wall cavity to perm out? I am grateful for your help and guidance.
Respectfully,
Essy

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. Expert Member
    Michael Maines | | #1

Essy, most WRBs are quite vapor-open, so your approach should be fine, but it would depend on the specific characteristics of each membrane, and other wall details. I would contact their customer support to see what they recommend.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |