GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

How to build a solar business

4bez527soE | Posted in Energy Efficiency and Durability on

I am starting a new business and would like to make the edifice all solar. So my questions are 1. how much will it cost if the building size is 13 stories high and 3 city blocks wide? 2. how much time would it take to build. 3. are there any special permits needed. 4. how many people would be needed on a project such as this. Thanks for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Joanne,
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Your question sounds like an obvious prank, but perhaps it isn't. In case it isn't, suffice it to say that:

1. There is no definition for an "all solar edifice" -- I'm not even sure what you mean, but you're probably referring to a building equipped with a PV array large enough to meet its electricity needs.

2. The energy intensity of buildings varies widely. Electricity consumption is not proportional to building volume.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |