How do I deal with insulating the perimeter wall with this new concrete slab/finished floor?

Note in the attached diagram there is no insulation between the new 4" concrete slab and the perimeter wall ~ If I insulate 2" from the perimeter wall can I move the 6" SIP over 2" to cover the insulation?( I was told I could however I think this would be problem with the SIP plate?)

If my question is not clear I will create another diagram to the one attached (created for another question) NOTE this is a remodel and I want the walls to meet the floor at 90 degrees (no bump) and everything; floors, perimeter foundation, walls be fully insulated (no leaks) ?

I hope I am posting this in the right place ~ I am new to this Q & A forum.

SLAB ISSUES.jpg340.27 KB
Asked by Caroline Di Diego
Edited Fri, 12/13/2013 - 16:57

1.

Caroline,
You definitely want to install vertical rigid foam insulation at the perimeter of the slab. If you bevel the top of your insulation -- that is, cut it back at a 45-degree angle -- the concrete will hide the top of the foam.

Edited Mon, 12/16/2013 - 11:37.

2.

GREAT ~ That's exactly what my Design partner suggested ~ he will be very pleased with your answer.

Answered by Caroline Di Diego

In General questions | Asked by EdwardSeaf EdwardSeaf | Apr 18, 14
In Building Code Questions | Asked by Joe Tichenor | Apr 18, 14
In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Patricia Basha | Apr 17, 14
In Mechanicals | Asked by Kent Jeffery | Apr 16, 14
In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Pete Marthaler - Zone 7 | Apr 18, 14