Insulating a vaulted ceiling with limited room for insulation

I have an older house which has a vaulted ceiling. I am planning on re-insulating this ceiling from the inside. I have removed the existing ceiling and insulation. The roof is 2x6 rafters, so I have limited space within the bays for insulation. I am not opposed to adding foam board to the bottom of the rafters. I plan on putting pine v-groove tongue and groove boards up for the finish ceiling. I am looking for some recommendations on what products to use and how to best install them. I should also mention the house is in Vermont, climate zone 6, where the recommended minimum insulation is R49

Asked by Bill Chiari
Edited Mon, 05/12/2014 - 18:56

1.

Bill,
This article should tell you everything that you need to know: How to Build an Insulated Cathedral Ceiling.

In Green products and materials | Asked by John Alberti | Aug 26, 14
In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Jason Haché | Aug 29, 14
In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Venkat Y | Aug 29, 14
In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by terry grube | Aug 29, 14
In General questions | Asked by eric Mikkelsen | Aug 29, 14