Wood basement drainage?

My understanding is that very well executed drainage is vital to the success of a PWF basement.
The designs I've seen typically have a crushed rock or washed gravel layer under the basement's walls and floor, 4" or 6" thick. They also backfill at least 1/2 way up with the drain rock. My questions are: Would a 1" layer of Roxul " Drain Board be a proper replacement for the back fill rock? Is filter fabric on the outside of the wall's drainage medium needed?

Asked by Jerry Liebler
Posted May 21, 2014 10:50 AM ET

1.

Jerry,
The American Wood Council is responsible for establishing and maintaining the specifications for a permanent wood foundation (PWF). Here is a link to the website: Permanent Wood Foundation Design Specification.

The web site promotes an e-mail address ( info [at] @awc [dot] org ) where you can submit technical questions regarding AWC design standards.

Posted May 21, 2014 12:32 PM ET

Using SIPs for my upcoming roof project

In General questions | Asked by Donald Harvey | Apr 26, 15

Sizing an HRV unit

In Mechanicals | Asked by gary bruzzese | Apr 26, 15

Installed R-60 insulation in attic... now using AC more than before

In General questions | Asked by Jeff Watson | Jul 12, 14

How does foil facing on attic side of roof sheathing reduce attic heat gain?

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Aaron Becker | Apr 26, 15