Wood basement drainage?

My understanding is that very well executed drainage is vital to the success of a PWF basement.
The designs I've seen typically have a crushed rock or washed gravel layer under the basement's walls and floor, 4" or 6" thick. They also backfill at least 1/2 way up with the drain rock. My questions are: Would a 1" layer of Roxul " Drain Board be a proper replacement for the back fill rock? Is filter fabric on the outside of the wall's drainage medium needed?

Asked by Jerry Liebler
Posted May 21, 2014 9:50 AM ET

1.

Jerry,
The American Wood Council is responsible for establishing and maintaining the specifications for a permanent wood foundation (PWF). Here is a link to the website: Permanent Wood Foundation Design Specification.

The web site promotes an e-mail address ( info [at] @awc [dot] org ) where you can submit technical questions regarding AWC design standards.

Posted May 21, 2014 11:32 AM ET

Best practices for ERV register locations and vent hoods

In General questions | Asked by jim sweazey | Feb 22, 18

What radon mitigation system do I need?

In General questions | Asked by Jimmie-lou | Feb 21, 18

Dehumidification and (or vs.) mini-splits

In Mechanicals | Asked by James Howison | Feb 22, 18

Midea Ductless Units

In Mechanicals | Asked by Ryan Wiley | Feb 22, 18

Advice on trimming out exterior light fixture where pancake box sticks out too far?

In General questions | Asked by MichaelBa | Feb 18, 18