Wood basement drainage?

My understanding is that very well executed drainage is vital to the success of a PWF basement.
The designs I've seen typically have a crushed rock or washed gravel layer under the basement's walls and floor, 4" or 6" thick. They also backfill at least 1/2 way up with the drain rock. My questions are: Would a 1" layer of Roxul " Drain Board be a proper replacement for the back fill rock? Is filter fabric on the outside of the wall's drainage medium needed?

Asked by Jerry Liebler
Posted May 21, 2014 10:50 AM ET

1.

Jerry,
The American Wood Council is responsible for establishing and maintaining the specifications for a permanent wood foundation (PWF). Here is a link to the website: Permanent Wood Foundation Design Specification.

The web site promotes an e-mail address ( info [at] @awc [dot] org ) where you can submit technical questions regarding AWC design standards.

Posted May 21, 2014 12:32 PM ET

I am thinking of an unvented cathedral ceiling

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Mike Tomlinson | Jun 24, 16

Insulating above a garage roof

In General questions | Asked by Jeremy Turner | Jun 30, 16

How to work with a very deep truss in vaulted ceiling.

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Barry Reicker | Jun 29, 16

Vapor barrier

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Thomas Webster | Jun 29, 16