Intus window costs

Hi there~
I am a homeowner in Philadelphia, PA. I am wanting to renovate a building as energy efficiently as possible and my limits are by funding. My plan is to stretch funding by phasing in things. Windows are an immediate need. My windows research let me to a thread on this site discovered Intus windows. I will be reaching out to a dealer tomorrow (closed today). And, I'm wondering if anyone has a estimate of pricing. The windows seems incredible in terms of efficiency, and I'm concerned they will be out of my league financially. Maybe compare to an Andersen series 400 window.

Thanks for sharing if you have such information.

Best,
Terrie

Asked by drterrie
Posted Jul 13, 2014 9:48 AM ET
Edited Jul 13, 2014 11:07 AM ET

1.

I'm about to buy a house full of Intus windows and doors. Here's an example: A 40 x 48 triple pane UPVC window is about $575. Aluminium or wood would be a lot more. I advise you to look at the Windows you are considering in person. The quality difference between the typical eastern European window and a comparably priced American window is significant, which is too bad, since I'd prefer to buy locally and the 12 week lead time for Intus is a negative.

Answered by smslaw47
Posted Jul 13, 2014 10:42 AM ET

2.

The quality of an Intus uPVC window when compared to a typical American window is quite drastic. If you get to see an Intus window in person, you will not want to buy an Andersen series window. The build quality is one thing and the energy efficiency is icing on the cake. What's surprising is that an Intus uPVC window is reasonably priced and that is why so many people here on GBA choose them.

Answered by JackofAllTrades777
Posted Jul 13, 2014 11:08 PM ET

3.

thank you!!

Answered by drterrie
Posted Jul 14, 2014 6:55 AM ET

SIP roof issues

In General questions | Asked by Matt Melton | Feb 17, 17

Roxul Comfortboard to create cathedral ceiling baffle?

In Green building techniques | Asked by Blake Cote | Feb 23, 17

National Fiber in Belchertown, Mass.

In Green products and materials | Asked by Scott Mangold | Feb 21, 17

Installing LP Smartside over foam and 24 inch centers

In Green building techniques | Asked by William Costello | Feb 17, 17

New home wall assembly

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Michael Winn | Feb 11, 17