Intus window costs

Hi there~
I am a homeowner in Philadelphia, PA. I am wanting to renovate a building as energy efficiently as possible and my limits are by funding. My plan is to stretch funding by phasing in things. Windows are an immediate need. My windows research let me to a thread on this site discovered Intus windows. I will be reaching out to a dealer tomorrow (closed today). And, I'm wondering if anyone has a estimate of pricing. The windows seems incredible in terms of efficiency, and I'm concerned they will be out of my league financially. Maybe compare to an Andersen series 400 window.

Thanks for sharing if you have such information.

Best,
Terrie

Asked by Terrie Lewine
Posted Jul 13, 2014 10:48 AM ET
Edited Jul 13, 2014 12:07 PM ET

1.

I'm about to buy a house full of Intus windows and doors. Here's an example: A 40 x 48 triple pane UPVC window is about $575. Aluminium or wood would be a lot more. I advise you to look at the Windows you are considering in person. The quality difference between the typical eastern European window and a comparably priced American window is significant, which is too bad, since I'd prefer to buy locally and the 12 week lead time for Intus is a negative.

Answered by stephen sheehy
Posted Jul 13, 2014 11:42 AM ET

2.

The quality of an Intus uPVC window when compared to a typical American window is quite drastic. If you get to see an Intus window in person, you will not want to buy an Andersen series window. The build quality is one thing and the energy efficiency is icing on the cake. What's surprising is that an Intus uPVC window is reasonably priced and that is why so many people here on GBA choose them.

Answered by Peter L
Posted Jul 14, 2014 12:08 AM ET

3.

thank you!!

Answered by Terrie Lewine
Posted Jul 14, 2014 7:55 AM ET

Buidling a house in Greenville, SC — insulation and air sealing questions

In Green building techniques | Asked by jander5984 | Mar 15, 17

Sound attenuation between floors

In General questions | Asked by John Brown | Mar 15, 17

erv and flex duct

In Mechanicals | Asked by William Costello | Mar 22, 17

Eco Star windows and patio door

In Green products and materials | Asked by Paul Kuenn | Mar 20, 17

Do magic boxes distribute loads for ductless units?

In General questions | Asked by Scott Mangold | Mar 20, 17