Mineral wool boards below grade and termites

My house's structure is made of wood and there are subterranean termites (non-formosan) in my yard and area. I am planning to excavate and insulate the slab perimeter in the interests of saving on heating, but am worried about creating a termite highway.

I figure XPS is right out, and I'm not sure about termite-treated EPS either. The availability, price per R, and ease of installation are attractive, but since the advertised termite resistance just comes from a chemical treatment, I worry that it will fade or leach out over time.

I've considered foamglas, which would be ideal due to its many desirable qualities, but it's ridiculously expensive compared to the alternatives.

What about mineral wool? I see people online (including here) claiming it's resistant to termites, but I've been unable to locate any real confirmation or denial of this. My sense is that the mineral wool industry would be advertising this if it were true (as the foamglas industry does). So what's the skinny?

Asked by Nate G
Posted Aug 8, 2014 6:35 PM ET

1.
Posted Aug 10, 2014 10:35 AM ET

Insulating Unfinished Basement Ceiling in Flood Plain

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Joseph McGrail | Feb 18, 18

Crawlspace Beam Layout

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by alexallo | Feb 16, 18

How exterior air seal at chimney to wall interface? Chimney spalling.

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Mike McLaine | Feb 18, 18

Cold weather performance reports from minisplit owners

In General questions | Asked by Martin Holladay | Jan 2, 18

Recommended gas furnace for 3550 square foot house

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Vissu | Feb 19, 18