Mineral wool boards below grade and termites

My house's structure is made of wood and there are subterranean termites (non-formosan) in my yard and area. I am planning to excavate and insulate the slab perimeter in the interests of saving on heating, but am worried about creating a termite highway.

I figure XPS is right out, and I'm not sure about termite-treated EPS either. The availability, price per R, and ease of installation are attractive, but since the advertised termite resistance just comes from a chemical treatment, I worry that it will fade or leach out over time.

I've considered foamglas, which would be ideal due to its many desirable qualities, but it's ridiculously expensive compared to the alternatives.

What about mineral wool? I see people online (including here) claiming it's resistant to termites, but I've been unable to locate any real confirmation or denial of this. My sense is that the mineral wool industry would be advertising this if it were true (as the foamglas industry does). So what's the skinny?

Asked by Nathaniel G

1.

ERV, HRV, Dehumidifier retro fit before finishing basement

In Mechanicals | Asked by Wendy D | Oct 25, 14

What effect does home mass have on the peak cooling load?

In GBA Pro help | Asked by Ted Cummings | Oct 25, 14

Crawl Space With Dirt Floor and Spray Foam

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Paul Staffieri | Oct 25, 14

How do deviations in average winter temperature affect energy consumption?

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by norm farwell | Oct 24, 14

Best Anabolic Cycle Help!

In General questions | Asked by Irving Hollenbeck | Oct 25, 14