GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Best way to seal rafter baffle

jpcjguy | Posted in Energy Efficiency and Durability on

I am looking to use the accuvent baffles in my rafters from soffit to ridge vent. I assume I need to seal them properly for air leakage. Do I use tape? a paint? A foam in a can (great stuff) – god I hope not since I will need a ton of it. LIke 2700 linear feet!!! 54 rafter bays, each 25 ft long, both sides

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Joe,
    This is the second time that you posted this question. Here is a link to the first thread that you created -- a thread with many answers: How to seal ventilation baffles in rafter bays?

If you have a follow-up question that hasn't already been answered, you should post it on the first thread you started.

2. jpcjguy | | #2

Sorry Martin - you are correct. I am a somewhat space cadet lately - my 2 yr old does not sleep much at night which means I don't either. Hard to function on averaging 3-4 hours.
    Is there a recommended caulk to use that is best suited for the plastic baffles and wood?

3. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #3

Joe,
    I've copied your latest question to the correct page (the original thread). That's where answers should be posted, too:
    https://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/community/forum/energy-efficiency-and-durability/43601/how-seal-ventilation-baffles-rafter-bays

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |