GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Need help selecting MassSave cellulose densepack contractor

agurkas | Posted in GBA Pro Help on

I know bunch of you are here from MA, so I figured I should ask here.
Contractor, that did insulation work on my house last year is no longer in MassSave program. One they recommended is booked literally into late spring and won’t take on new bookings.

So now I need to find a contractor to pack my empty walls (clapboard siding). Any recommendation for solid contractor who can do the job in Waltham area? List is like 100 contractors long, so it is hard to pick.

Thanks!

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. Expert Member
    Dana Dorsett | | #1

I have never done business with them directly, but a guy I work with recently had Rogers Insulation in Framingham dense-pack his house in Arlington and had nothing but good things to say about them.

I've even more recently heard a similar review from someone I know on a project (but not dense packing) they did in Maynard. Apparently they're very professional, do good work, and tidy-up after themselves meticulously.

508-875-8930

2. agurkas | | #2

Unfortunately, Rogers Insulation is temporarily out of the program. They are way overbooked with non-MassSave (higher profit margin) jobs.

3. Expert Member
    Dana Dorsett | | #3

That was fast- the Arlington place was done in June or July this year, and the job in Maynard was just the first of attic & roof retrofit remediation on something like 90-100 units in a condo complex (that had horrific ice damming issues this season), which is being done under the MA subsidy program. Mayhaps they've gone off-program for the time being because they're a small outfit, and the job in Maynard is slated take 2-3 months(?).

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |