GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Are Capillary Tubes necessary from 800′ to 4000 ‘ elevation?

Redrockcanyon5000 | Posted in General Questions on

Does anyone have any experience shipping Insulated glass units into higher elevations?

New Triple Glazed Argon Gas filled windows are being manufactured in the Northeast and being shipped to the Southwest high desert.The highest elevation the shipper will encounter is 4000-4500′ Max.

The weather is very dry most of the year in the high deserts..

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Steven,
    I'm adding a comment to your question in hopes that some GBA readers will respond. If I were you, I would direct my question to the window manufacturer.

-- Martin Holladay

2. Maftex | | #2

This thread is old, but I was looking in some information about a similar topic. I found this article "High Elevation Problems Jeopardize Gas-Fill Windows" at Building Green website very educative:
    https://www.buildinggreen.com/feature/high-elevation-problems-jeopardize-gas-fill-windows

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |