GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

March for Science

Martin Holladay | Posted in General Questions on

I’m sure that many GBA readers spent yesterday at their local March for Science protest. My wife and I, along with several friends, joined researchers, academics, middle-school science teachers, and lots ordinary people who care about the planet (and who use accepted means of separating truth from falsehood) at one of the hundreds of marches that happened all over the world yesterday.

Lots of good signs. Among my favorites: “I can’t believe I’m marching for facts” and “Knowing Stuff is Good — Seriously, why do I even have to march for this?”

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. ohioandy | | #1

Martin, thanks for doing that, and letting us know. A reminder to all of us GREEN Building Advisees: next weekend is another opportunity to make a similarly obvious but disturbingly political statement. 4/29 PCM--that would be People's Climate March. Be the Phase Changing Material you wish to see in the world.

2. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #2

Some signs.

3. Expert Member
    MALCOLM TAYLOR | | #3

How often did the millionaire save everyone on Gilligan's Island? Never.
    The professor? Pretty much every episode.

4. AlanB4 | | #4

Several sites like Slate and CBC had examples of the best signs, some are extremely creative

5. dankolbert | | #5

What do we want?
    Science-based policy
    When do we want it?
    After peer review

6. AlanB4 | | #6

I've seen smarter cabinets at Ikea!

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |