GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Is the new Insignia TG2 window a solid high-end window?

morale | Posted in General Questions on

We’re looking at replacing original builder’s grade windows (installed 1996) with the new Insignia TG2 produced by Alside. Apex is the company representing and I’ve seen all types of reviews on Apex. My question is not about Apex but rather the window itself. According to the specs it appears to be a very good window. We’re considering replacing 18 windows with the Insignia TG2 for $10,000 including installation. Would like your opinion on the window. it’s made of 100% UPVC, triple pane, R7, G8 trim coil, and a true slope. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Morale,
    Are you sure that you are spelling this line of windows correctly? I searched for "Insignia TG2" and my search did not result in any web sites maintained by Alside or Apex.

The only relevant hit was a document posted by someone who calls himself "The Window Dog." I have no idea whether information from "The Window Dog" is accurate or is based on the Window Dog's desire to sell a competing product. Here's the info, for what it's worth:

Q. "Do you know anything about the Insignia E2 series? They’re distributed by Apex, but from what I gather, they’re made by Alside. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!"

A. "thewindowdog says: We sure do. These are the Alside 8000 Series. They’re fine products, but there really isn’t anything remarkable about them that would justify the price that some companies try to charge. It is a product Alside has been producing for years and it’s very similar to the Preservation windows we have already reviewed. As a side note, beware of and neighborhood discounts or model home promos you might hear about. These are never an actual deal, they are just designed to make you feel like you’re getting something special. We’ve even heard of folks being told that they need to keep the window prices secret because they’re getting a better deal than their neighbor. This is absolutely false."

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |