GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Builder demos porch and sunroom at deadbeat client’s home

Martin Holladay | Posted in General Questions on

Patrick McCombe, an editor at Fine Homebuilding, e-mailed me this link to a YouTube video reporting on how one British builder handles deadbeat clients:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-LqLU7CxeA&feature=related

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. Expert Member
    CARL SEVILLE | | #1

I don't believe it's legal to do that in the US, although it is probably very satisfying.

2. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #2

Carl,
    I'm not advocating this approach. Nor am I advocating the lack of safety precautions shown on the video. (Watch the way the porch roof comes down. It seems the demo crew left their hardhats in their truck.)

3. jklingel | | #3

In the US, you'd be shot. P, EOS.

4. gusfhb | | #4

I'll bet that felt good tho.............

5. Danny Kelly | | #5

Excellent "how to" video on how to properly salvage materials

6. user-659915 | | #6

Despite what the reporter said about recouping losses I didn't see much in the way of material salvage going on. What a waste: there had to be a better way. A business owner in my town got in a dispute with his landlord so in a fit of pique he paid a contractor to tear out tens of thousands of dollars worth of tenant upfit and take it all to the dump. Just as stupid.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |