GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Home Air quality test kits… any good?

user-1085290 | Posted in General Questions on

I am looking to get some insight to what is floating around in our home. We are planning on having a baby soon and after some remodeling and asbestos removal, I want to make sure everything is ok.
To have a pro come out and test, can get very costly and so I have found a few companies that offer home test kits. These 2 companies that provide testing kits had the most information available.

http://www.airlabonline.com/

and…

Home

I have been looking for any reviews online but have had no such luck. Anyone have any insight or experience with air quality testing.

Thanks in advance.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. wjrobinson | | #1

Aside from testing HEPA filters are available for many vacuum cleaners as well as for furnace filters. Since you are concerned you could clean your home thoroughly this way. That's what I would do along with testing if that also makes the most sense to you.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |