GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Any soda blasters out there?

cwc09 | Posted in General Questions on

I have a customer with a large warehouse and roughly 9,000 sq ft of exterior painted brick. He would like to remove the paint and restore the building to its original look. I did some research and found that soda blasting appears to be extremely effective for this and environmentally friendly. So I looked around and found that I can rent the equipment but it was extremely pricey – $2500/week from Sunbelt. A few companies offer the equipment with 100lb hoppers for around $300. Not sure what I need to look for specifically in the equipment though to ensure that what I buy has substantial power yet doesn’t break the bank.

Anyone have equipment advice? Any experience with this process, in general, and words of advice.
Thank you much for any feedback.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |