GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

I need a photo of stack effect

Daniel Morrison | Posted in General Questions on

I am putting together an article on air barriers with John Straube for an upcoming Fine Homebuilding article and would like to use a skyscraper wrapped in fabric bubbling at the top and sucking in at the bottom as the lead image.

You all know the photo, we’ve all seen them.

Now that I need one, I am having trouble locating one. Do any of you have a high resolution image like that that I could use? Alternatively do any of you know of a high rise goiing up somewhere near new England that I could drive to for a few photos?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. wjrobinson | | #1

Just visited the world trade center site. The bottoms are blast proof concrete and steel bunkers! Top of One World too high to see what the heck the wrap is doing.... Lol

2. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #2

Dan,
    Below is a photo from Flickr. The photographer is Chris Peters of Syracuse, N.Y. (Website: http://oracleondelhistudio.com/).

3. Daniel Morrison | | #3

Thanks Martin. That's basically what we want, but I'd sure like a couple more choices. Taller building would be nice -- it would make the 'bubble-and-suck' more evident.

I didn't think to search Flickr; I searched The Google for stack effect and didn't fine any images like this.

I'll contact Chris, but we're still looking for a better photo. It seems to me I've seen examples of this in lot's of power points over the years...

4. homedesign | | #4

David Keefe has the best photo that I have seen so far.

here is a David Keefe video....look around 41 minutes in
    http://www.affordablecomfort.org/resources_videos.php?PageID=80&id=5

5. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #5

John,
    Yes, I've seen that slide before -- it must have been at one of David Keefe's presentations. Thanks, John -- you've got a good memory.

Here's the slide -- maybe David Keefe has a high-res version of the photo.

6. Daniel Morrison | | #6

Thanks guys.
    That one is much more like what I had in mind.
    Anyone have David's email address?

7. homedesign | | #7

Hi Dan,
    try this
    dkeefe at veic dot org

8. Daniel Morrison | | #8

Thanks John.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |