GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Why doesn’t the website work?

ElPotrilloDeGringolandia | Posted in General Questions on

Hello,
I am not trying to be rude, but the Q&A section doesn’t seem to work almost ever time I visit it. I have done so on at least two different computers over the last year and I still seem to be having the same problems. There are two basic problems that I have been running into. The first is that when I try to get into the Q&A subsections I can’t. It just sends me to the Q&A Homepage that gives me the rules for posting. The second problem is that when I am finally able to post a question and someone responds I get an email with a link to my question. When I click on the link it tells me “Access Denied, you are not authorized to access this page”. Then after a day or so of randomly checking to see if I do in fact have authorization to access the page it eventually works (EVENTUALLY). I have tried clicking on the link when I am signed and when I am not signed in. It doesn’t seem to make a difference. I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue or not. If the web administrator (Dan) would like to get ahold of me to let me know what is happening/how I can fix this problem please email me since I probably won’t be able to read it on the website.
Thanks,
Spencer
Just in case I am not signed in right now my email is [email protected]

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Spencer,
    All of us here at GBA hope that our technical wizards are close to identifying our extremely irritating software glitch. I can assure you that they are working on the problem, and that all of us at GBA are just as frustrated as you are.

On behalf of GBA, I offer our sincere apologies.

When this problem occurs, please let us know. Click the "Contact Us" button near the top right-hand corner of each page, or send me an e-mail: martin [at] greenbuildingadvisor [dot] com. If we hear about your problem, we can often implement a temporary fix.

2. user-1087436 | | #2

Good question, Mr Burnfield. After 8:00 at night, Pacific Time, this site is iffy at best.

3. ElPotrilloDeGringolandia | | #3

Hmm maybe that is why it doesn't work for me....I'm always on late at night. I wonder if their servers shut down or something on the East Coast at 5pm when they go home after work. I appreciate you guys working on the problem.
    Spencer

4. Expert Member
    MALCOLM TAYLOR | | #4

Several years ago, against the wishes of most long-time users, Taunton switched from Delphi and the forums have been a mess ever since.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |