The apple company Faces Second Suit Coming from Victorious Patent Firm

The smartphone marketplace is largely dominated by Android plus iOS, dividing smartphone consumers into two camps: individuals who stick with the Android operating system and those who use Apple's iPhones. Accelerated Android course can be a nononsense, getdowntobrasstacks type of education for Android software improvement. A very normal question may be tickling the intellect of an individual could be, why must i go for Android Operating-system when I curently have Symbian or Nokia or Blackberry product.

Asked By Emily Nesbit | Jan 18 17

Fiberglass and Cellulose performing differently in attic

In our vented attic, we specified 18" of blown-in cellulose. In one particular location, the insulation contractors were called back to redo an area that was not covered. When it got cold outside, I noticed that the ceiling in that area was noticeably colder than in other areas. Suspecting that the insulation contractor didn't actually fix it, the builder and I went to the attic today to check. They had attempted a fix. Instead of putting cellulose in the problem area, they had installed fiberglass batts. The batts looked to be about the same thickness as the cellulose.

Asked By Reid Baldwin | Jan 17 17

Radiant bathroom floor and auxiliary heat in the master of our PGH

Hi all--I've got a couple of questions regarding HVAC in my Pretty Good House (PGH). As you may recall, I built a PGH a little over a year ago and many of you contributed wonderful advice to my queries. We had a nice discussion on how best to heat my house and I decided to go with a single minisplit and a natural gas, heater rated fireplace. This system has worked well for most of the house, save the master bedroom.

Asked By Matt Mesa | Jan 16 17

Wet brick

I am a builder completing a renovation to a late 19th century Victorian house outside Boston. I have noticed that the brick foundation looks wet even after a prolonged period of dry weather. This mostly appears right at grade but have noticed spots above grade, as well.

Asked By Nick Bennett | Jan 18 17

Polaris vs HTP Phoenix for hot water and radiant heat

Looking at using either of those products for both hot water needs and heating (with coil/air handler) in a 3000 sqft house (slab on grade, 2 story, in Southern Ontario).

It looks like 70000btu would be sufficient, but I am wondering about the pros and cons of each tank. already know most features of each product, so I am mostly asking about anecdotal reliability issues with each brand (e.g. igniter issues on the Polaris, which may have been fixed by now).

Regards,

MT

Asked By Mai Tai | Jan 16 17

Exterior wall polyiso worth it?

I live in central Texas and I'm debating whether adding 3/4" Polyiso to the outside of my exterior walls. would be worth the cost. I originally planned on it, but since my wife and I are doing the majority of the work, it has come down to just not having the time (we both work full time jobs, plus a bit more), and the initial cost of it.

Asked By Jacob Cox | Jan 17 17

Vapor Barrier on top of SIP floor?

We are working out the details for the construction of our new house in the Pacific Northwest. Our architect and structural engineer have specified a 9 1/4" SIP floor for the 1st floor. Since we will be building in a flood zone, our foundation will be an open design with concrete columns extending from a mat foundation. Horizontal beams will sit on top of the columns and the SIP panels will sit on top of the beams. The structural engineer has specified a factory treatment of "bluewood" preservative to the bottom face of the SIP panels.

Asked By Kevin Camfield | Jan 17 17

Northern Michigan un vented, un air conditioned Cabin roof design.

After reading several articles, opinions and Blogs I have a better understanding of the moisture vapors that exist and the problems they can create in walls and especially the roof. But I’m a little unsure of the proper design and construction for my great lakes, shore line cabin roof design. I have detailed my current plan below. Could please you give input as to where my design plan is OK or deficient in proper vapor management for this environment and situation.

Asked By mike bard | Jan 17 17

Construction Docs, quick review please

It's been a long journey but we're at the stage to begin construction in the next couple months. My architects did a stellar job combining our aesthetic vision with green energy design. For my own peace of mind I am hoping to have the experts here take a look at the construction details. Let me (and my builder, who will be dropping in on this thread) know if you have any major concerns with the construction details. The house is in 5A, oriented East-West (roof slope facing south). There is a wrap around porch, a root cellar beneath one side of the porch, and a walk out basement (south side).

Asked By Clara Kim | Jan 16 17

How should moisture/vapor wetting and drying be considered in this situation?

Details:
- Climate Zone 6, Marine setting
- Stand alone garage(1970's) to be converted to an overflow guest house w/ full bath no kitchen.
- Guest house to be used in summer only.
- Existing structure on a floating slab w/ no vapor barrier beneath, sitting poorly drained soils.
- 20' by 16' area w/ cathedral ceilings, 2x4 walls and 2x8 rafters
- 20 mil vapor barrier to be installed over slab (seams taped), may not be able to extend under existing perimeter walls.
-2x4 sleepers laid flat over 20 mil VB
-1 1/2" xps fitted between sleepers

Asked By geoff summa | Jan 16 17