GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Why won’t you answer my questions?

myragold | Posted in General Questions on

I had just signed up for a free trial. I asked several questions to see the quality of responses. and all I get is access denied.What’s up?
How am I supposed to know if you can answer my questions?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Good morning, Margaret! I'm sorry you are having problems accessing GBA.

GBA prides itself on doing our best to answer questions promptly. It's 7:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning, but we're on the job.

Your questions were answered yesterday afternoon. Here are the links:

Are there any government tax credits for solar panels?

What is the recommended thickness of a vapor barrier under a 18" raised house in southern Miss.?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of flash and batt insulation?

Your three questions were answered about 2 hours after you posted them.

2. homedesign | | #2

Martin, I noticed that GBA was "down" earlier this morning...
    I think that may be the reason that Margaret was getting the "access denied" message

3. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #3

John,
    Thanks for the information. It seems like the GBA glitch is back. Hopefully, the maneuver I executed this morning has fixed the problem -- at least for a while.

I'd like to apologize on behalf of GBA to all readers who had access problems this morning.

4. jinmtvt | | #4

I can atest it was down ( same problem as ~ a month ago ) giving white blank pages from midnight EST .

5. davidmeiland | | #5

This site went down Friday afternoon/early evening and was down for several hours.

6. dankolbert | | #6

What are you looking for, Margaret? There's no better source for information on the web, but it's no substitute for hiring a knowledgeable, competent contractor.

7. DennisDipswitch | | #7

"Why won't you answer my questions?"

Is that you,honey?

8. Andrew_C | | #8

Other have suggested a glitch may have caused the website to be unresponsive for a while. However, if you are trying to judge the quality of the responses you get, I would suggest that you spend some time reading through previous threads and blogs. Furthermore, many questions are asked and re-asked, so learning how to use the search function would likely be a profitably use of your time. You may find most of your questions answered, or at least get partial answers that can help you ask more pointed questions.

I have found this website to be a tremendous resource, and both the official staff and many readers are extremely giving of their time and experience. If you give the website and its denizens a chance, I think you will be pleased.

Best regards,

9. homedesign | | #9

darn...down again

10. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #10

John,
    Try again - GBA might be up again.

Really sorry about these glitches.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |