GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Mini-split contractors in MA

veralex | Posted in General Questions on

I was wondering if you could recommend a couple of companies in the Boston area which provide thoughtful mini-split solutions.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. Expert Member
    Dana Dorsett | | #1

Never trust the HVAC contractors to get the load calculations right- run them yourself (or use an energy-nerd consultant to run the math) and TELL them what the loads are.

There are multiple Mitsubishi & Fujitsu installers in eastern MA, fewer Daikin/other installers. NESEA is running an informational/educational seminar in conjunction with Mitsubishi on April 25th in Southborough (just west of Framingham on Rt 9) on 25 April- you may be able to find competent mini-split help there, or at the very least get some handle on how to vet the contractors/proposals yourself:

http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50231/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=70663

2. veralex | | #2

Thanks much! Not sure if I'll be able to attend the seminar, but maybe you point to some info source for understanding how to "vet the contractors/proposals" myself.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |