GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Comparing Flashing Tapes

mikkelsen | Posted in General Questions on

Does anyone have experience with comparing these flashing tapes: 3M All Weather Flashing Tape compared to Grace Vycor Tape?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. user-757117 | | #1

Eric,
    I've never used the Grace Vycor like that but I've used up quite a bit of the 3M 8067 that way and it works very well.

2. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #2

Eric,
    What will you be using the tape for? I consider the 3M product to be more of an air-sealing tape rather than a flashing tape (in spite of its name). If you expect the tape to encounter water, and need the tape to shed the water as part of a flashing system, I would choose the Vycor product over the 3M product.

3. CRC1 | | #3

my vycor fell off osb so it isn't likely the right choice if that is your goal

4. CRC1 | | #4

meanwhile siga and 3m 8067 are not exactly readily available. apparently they are pretty special and not uniformly found on shelves.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |