GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Any discussion groups in CT?

gratefulben | Posted in General Questions on

I’m wondering if there are any discussion groups/professional associations in the CT area?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Benjamin,
    You might want to contact New York Passive House. It may be too far for you to travel for meetings, of course. But if you go to one meeting, you might meet some people from Connecticut, or someone at the meeting might connect you with other like-minded people in your region.

2. dankolbert | | #2

Where in CT are you, Ben? I was at a NESEA meeting in Springfield a couple of weeks ago and we talked about helping them get a group off the ground there, at Eco Building Bargains.

3. dankolbert | | #3

And if you want to talk about starting a group yourself, please feel free to get in touch. Our group has been a great experience for all and I'd love to see more get going. I'm not hard to find - search my name and send me an e-mail via my company website.

Coincidentally, I just got an e-mail from a friend today who has just started a D/B company:

"For what it is worth, I feel [my company] is born from the discussion group. My knowledge and confidence have grown through participating and being around tradespeople outside of the supplier side. I stood a few inches taller the first time someone approached me before a meeting and asked my opinion on a detail. It was the day I stopped and said "S***. I am a part of this. With these people on my team, I can go do this.""

4. gratefulben | | #4

Martin and Dan, thanks for the quick responses!

5. rsmith02 | | #5

Sure, check Linked in for a few. For actual groups, try the Home Performance Alliance of CT. http://hpact.memberlodge.com/

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |