Any volunteers want to help the Appraisal Practices Board with "The Valuation of Green Buildings"?

The Appraisal Practices Board (APB) of The Appraisal Foundation is looking for "Subject Matter Experts" for a project called "The Valuation of Green Buildings."

According to the application form, "We foresee that an average of four hours per week will be devoted to this process with one to two face-to-face meetings. SME ("subject matter experts") members will be reimbursed for travel expenses associated with this project according to the reimbursement policies of The Appraisal Foundation. However, SME members will not be compensated for their time in the form of an hourly rate."

More information here: Subject Matter Experts Needed for Green Building Valuation Report.

Asked by Martin Holladay, GBA Advisor

1.

What area of the country are they looking for? Appraisals have been in my thoughts lately as I am looking to spec a Passive House this summer. I am in upstate NY.

Answered by kye ford

2.

Kye,
I suggest that you direct your questions to:

Staci Steward
202-624-3052
staci@appraisalfoundation.org

Staci's contact information comes from the web site that I linked to.

The Appraisal Foundation is located at 1155 15th Street NW, Suite 1111, Washington, DC 20005.

3.

I'll check in with Fiona Douglas Hamilton, former Northwest Ecobuilding Guild Regional Pres, she has been working on this subject the last 5 years.

Answered by albert rooks

4.

And... I found out that Fiona is already applying. She will be a good addition.

Answered by albert rooks