Access is denied to all portions of the Q&A area of the site including the Q&A spotlight even though I have a free account.

When I sent an email from the Contact Us page i received this error upon sending it: "Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the site administrator if the problem persists." I don't even know if I will be able to see the replied to this question! Why is the site not working for me?

Asked by Ian Jones

1.

Hi Ian,
I just reset the site database and things look normal for now. We're currently testing a rebuilt website database that should alleviate this recurring problem. It should be launched real soon. We're very sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience.

Answered by Rob Wotzak

2.

Ian,
I've been coming to this site for about 4 years and in my opinion it is clearly the best single website for information on building or renovating an energy efficient home. Yes, this access denied thing is a PAIN, but as Rob says they are working hard to fix it. So please do not let that dissuade you from coming here for information. These guys are the best. (No, I don't work for GBA).

It is easier to use the website in the daytime when the staff is able to reset the glitch as it happens. It is often down at night.

Answered by Lucy Foxworth

3.

Thanks to both of you for the response. It is working for me right now as I can see the responses! I'm glad to have at least intermittent access and know that it will be corrected. Lucy, it is also helpful to know it works best during the daytime. Thank you.

Answered by Ian Jones

4.

... and here all the time I thought it was because I wrote "That's like saying Vermont cheese is better than Wisconsin cheese". OK, so I wasn't bumped off the site for such a statement. I still love the information and will continue to come back to read daily (even if I have to ask for a fix). Thanks to Martin and all the crew. Kudos to them!

Answered by Paul Kuenn