GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Why I am Locked Out of This Site

user-509810 | Posted in General Questions on

This seems to happen frequently even though I am a pain member. It is a real pain in the butt…

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Rob Wotzak | | #1

Woody,
    We're currently testing a rebuilt website database that should alleviate this recurring problem. it should be launched real soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2. LucyF | | #2

Woody,

Your typo is funny ("I am a pain member"). You are exactly right that the access denied thing is a PAIN. I just wrote a reply to another question saying exactly the same thing.

But what I always try to emphasize that this is the single best place to come for help if you want an energy efficient home. So as another paying member I hope you keep coming back to here to ask questions and share your knowledge.

3. user-509810 | | #3

Meant paying obviously. Info great however.

4. BobConnor | | #4

I find that usually on the weekends there is just a very basic "skeleton" of this site with no articles and just a video with a guy wearing a gray shirt with his thumb up (and he doesn't look too happy either) Is the server being shut off over the weekend? Often that is when builders have time to look at this site.

5. GBA Editor
    Rob Wotzak | | #5

Robert,
    No, there isn't a scheduled down time over the weekend. Our server has been crashing multiple times per week, and the weekend is just when we don't have as many staff members checking and reseting it. We are currently testing a solution and hope to have the website crash-free very soon. Hang in there, and thanks for your patience.

6. BobConnor | | #6

Rob thanks for your answer. That guy with the gray shirt was there again this weekend and it looks like he is saying "Help!, I'm trying to thumb a ride out of here!" Get me out!

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |