Is power-washing vinyl siding good for my house?

I live in a townhouse community and the maintenance company is starting the annual power washing. I noticed that the crew doing the power washing are power washing the vented soffits which in my opinion is forcing water up into the soffit and knowing the construction of the houses, water is getting into the insulation. First, it is a good idea to power wash vinyl siding, and if so or if not, can you direct me to sources showing the problems with power washing a vinyl house

Mark Yuschak

Asked by Mark Yuschak
Posted Aug 6, 2014 1:49 PM ET
Edited Aug 6, 2014 2:21 PM ET

1.

Mark,
There's a right way and a wrong way to use any tool. You have to know what you are doing.

Plenty of people have written articles listing all the ways you can make mistakes with a power washer. Here is one of them:
Never Pressure Wash Your Home.

Posted Aug 6, 2014 2:25 PM ET