GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Trying to source 3/4-inch-thick Coroplast in Maine

kfree | Posted in General Questions on

Has anyone had luck in sourcing thicker coroplast sheets near Maine?
The one sign maker i contacted said his vendor will only supply full units and not single 4×8 sheets…

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. Expert Member
  2. kfree | | #2

Thanks Michael,
    Deal is I only need 2-3 sheets, not 10... most distributers only deal with larger order numbers appearantly

3. Expert Member
    Michael Maines | | #3

Kevin, 3/4" (19mm) is unusually thick. If you keep asking around you might find a signmaker who can get you a few sheets, though. Is there another material that would serve your needs? Could you double up more common 10mm sheets?

4. Expert Member
    BILL WICHERS | | #5

You might call your nearest laird plastics (lairdplastics.com). They don’t appear to have a location in Maine, but they’ve always been helpful when I work with them, and they’re pretty big, so maybe they can refer you to someone close to you that can help.

Bill

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |