GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Anyone familiar with Terra Firma foundation system?

user-2310254 | Posted in Green Building Techniques on

We don’t have expansive soils in my area, but I was reading about a project in Austin that uses the Terra Firma foundation system.

[Editor’s note: Steve Knapp later wrote a clarifying comment. He meant to write Tella Firma, not Terra Firma.]

I understand it to be a type of post-tension slab that can be elevated above the grade. It looks like an interesting idea, but I wonder if the air gap under the slab makes it less energy efficient.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. Expert Member
    Michael Maines | | #1

Steve, do you have a link? Google only brings up a foundation repair company, and your post...

2. user-2310254 | | #2

Sorry Michael (and everyone else who read the question). I misread the company name. It is actually Tella Firma (tellafirma.com).

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |