GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Dense Pack Insulation Demonstration in Minneapolis

user-788447 | Posted in Green Building Techniques on

A deep energy retrofit project in Minneapolis will be utilizing a Larsen Truss type approach to insulating outboard an existing home while tying into a new addition with a deep cavity of cellulose insulation.
High R-value, thick wall applications of dense pack cellulose have little precedent in this area so a local insulation contractor is offering dense pack demonstrations of walls they have mocked-up using 9 1/2″ and 12″ I-joists.

The demonstration will be held on Tuesday, August 16 starting at 10am and is open to the public.
For location and additional information please see the Events Page at:

http://www.minnephithouse.com/
http://www.facebook.com/minnephithouse

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. albertrooks | | #1

J Chestnut,

Thanks for the notice. Even though I'm on the wrong side of the continent, I hit the "like" button on facebook so I can follow the progress automatically.

The "automatically" parts helps. I still don't "get" how Facebook works!

Good Luck :)

2. user941025 | | #2

Sweet. Wish I could make this. If there's a scheduling disaster and they're still there at 6pm, I'm all over it.

3. w5mRKW6vhr | | #3

MD - we're going to take video of the process and post online later this week. We were originally going to just do it onsite during the install, but then realized how obnoxious that would be when people are trying to get real work done.

Keep tabs on the website via RSS, or "like" the page on Facebook (one of the only valid uses for Facebook in my mind :-)) to get updates. We generally update daily, depending on what's going on and what life throws at us.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |