GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Who is the manufacturer of the perforated L flashing widely available in the BC area as mentioned in an earlier post?

LonomPraaw | Posted in Green Building Techniques on

A gentleman by the name of Malcom Taylor answered to the question on May 15, 2012 and referred to this product.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. Expert Member
    MALCOLM TAYLOR | | #1

Hi Ed,
    I'll call my lumber yard tomorrow to see which one they stock. i suspect it is from Dynamic Metal Solutions in Surrey BC. NorthClad in Everett, Wash. also makes one.
    If you have a ten ft. break you could probably save a bit by bending them yourself from strips of perforated alum. soffit material.

2. Expert Member
    MALCOLM TAYLOR | | #2

Ed,
    Slegg lumber makes their own. They stock 1/2", 3/4" and will custom make any other size to fit the cavity and siding used.

3. LonomPraaw | | #3

Thanks Malcom. After some research of products in the area, I found soffit with holes the desirable size and went ahead and bent them myself. I appreciate your input.

4. Expert Member
    MALCOLM TAYLOR | | #4

Cheers!

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |