GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Construction-detail Drawing Library

aeon | Posted in Green Building Techniques on

Would love to see drawings pertaining to double-stud walls or links to other resources providing these details. Any plans to create a library section dedicated to this subject?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Ken,
    Yes. We're working on it now. We're starting with the details provided by architect Rachel Wagner; if you need the details now, check out her two recent articles in Fine Homebuilding magazine:

Double-Stud Walls

Windows and Doors in Double-Stud Walls

2. aeon | | #2

Thanks Martin,

Yes, I've read her articles and they are very good. Will begin framing a double-stud house in Sept. (my first), so I'm trying to gather as much info as possible.

Ken

3. user-757117 | | #3

Hi Ken,
    They're not for a traditional "double wall" but in case you're interested, there are some details posted at my blog:
    http://ourhouseuponmoosehill.blogspot.ca/p/details.html

I'm working on adding some more soon.

4. aeon | | #4

Thanks Lucas,

I took a quick look at your blog and will go back and read thoroughly when I have more time.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |