GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Siding/roofing contractors in Boston area who know how to do thick foam?

agurkas | Posted in Green Building Techniques on

It isn’t a secret most siding and roofing contractors want nothing to do with foam. Not enough customers ask for it, so they don’t even bother educating themselves.

Who are some of the reasonable and well-qualified siding and roofing contractors in Boston area you have either worked with or have seen friends/neighbors use for their project?

I cut out the final steam pipe in my house. Now majority of my house is on mini-splits, which I love. Recently blown in cellulose in my 2X4 walls have definitely improved the comfort of the house.

So now I want to tackle the original 50s siding and take the opportunity to get some polyiso on the walls.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Apolinaras,

Here are two companies you could consider contacting:

Gary Bergeron and David Joyce
    Synergy Construction
    Wellesley, MA 02482
    978-424-3028

Paul Eldrenkamp
    Byggmeister, Inc.
    667A Sawmill Brook Pkwy.
    Newton, MA 02159
    617-527-7871

2. agurkas | | #2

Already spoke to Paul. It wasn't a fit. Nice guy, though.

3. Expert Member
    Dana Dorsett | | #3

Martin- don't know the details of how it evolved regarding Gary, but I believe Synergy is now run by David Joyce, operating out of Lancaster, MA, not Wellesley:

Synergy Construction, LLC
    87 Brockelman Rd
    Lancaster, MA 01523

Phone: 978-706-1499

4. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #4

Dana,
    Thanks for the updated contact info. I appreciate it.

5. kjhkjh | | #5

Did any other companies appear in this search Apollo?

6. agurkas | | #6

Edward,

In MA we are experiencing silliness of contractors that can be likened to how folks acted in the North Dakota's oil boom - they are getting away with pricing things at unsubstantiated rates, which you have to be a fool with money to pay. So I may DIY what I can, until the market blows up on them, just like what happened before, and then will do projects I can't DIY at much more reasonable rates. Not my 1st bubble, not going to support temporary surge.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |