GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

National Fiber in Belchertown, Mass.

user-228058 | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

Does anyone know how to reach National fiber in belchertown mass?
Emails to them bounce and their 1 800 number goes to some vacation service…
I don’t know if they are hacked, or what.
I can’t imagine they went out of business…
??????
Anyone have a cell phone for one of the reps?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. RussMill | | #1

Been having the same problem!! two weeks now. Email doesn't work either! UFPI bought 'em a couple years ago so??

2. user-228058 | | #2

Their facebook page is down also.. I have wondered if someday the newspaper supply would drop enough to cause cellulose to drop in availability . I still can't imagine that national fiber would go away at this point.

3. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #3

Scott,
    Here's what I have been able to learn (to the best of my knowledge):

1. The owner of National Fiber, Chris Hoch, sold his company to a competitor, U.S. GreenFiber of Charlotte, NC.

2. U.S. GreenFiber decided to close the Belchertown, Massachusetts, facility and has laid off most of the workers there.

I phoned U.S. GreenFiber this morning to get a comment from a company representative, but no one is answering the phones there yet. I'll post more information as I receive it.

-- Martin Holladay

4. RussMill | | #4

That is lovely. I am willing to bet all of the support is gone with the merger. Those were some good guys up there!

5. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #5

GBA is working to confirm the details of this story. We're waiting to hear back from representatives from U.S. GreenFiber. There is a good chance that our news editor, Scott Gibson, will be writing a news story on this topic -- so stay tuned.

6. RussMill | | #6

I appreciate the follow up. We have an issue at present on a fire blocking issue pertaining to the cellulose being used as the same.

It leaves customers in a bad place when an inspector calls a business and gets a vacation giveaway thing of sorts!!

7. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #7

GBA has published Scott Gibson's news story on this topic. Here is the link: New Cellulose Manufacturer Set for a 2018 Launch.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |