GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Intus exterior door hinge adjustment

Myrtleboone | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

I own an Intus exterior door. I am trying to adjust the hinges but I am unsure how. The door did not come with any information and internet searches have come up with nothing. Unfortunately my distributor has not been able to provide me with any information. I am looking to adjust horizontally, vertically and gasket pressure. The door was ordered in late 2014 if that helps to determine the model of hinge. I have included pictures. Any help would be appreciated.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. Myrtleboone | | #1

The photos didn't load in their correct orientation. The first one should be rotated clockwise and the bottom two counter-clockwise.

2. STEPHEN SHEEHY | | #2

Try calling Performance Building Supply in Portland Maine. Jason or Alba
    should be able to help.

3. user-2310254 | | #3

https://www.intuswindows.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/WOOD-Windows-and-Doors-Installation-Manual.pdf

According to this document (page 10), you need a 5/64 hex wrench to adjust the hinge.

Note the correction to 5/64. My banana fingers had typed 5/65 originally. Ops.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |