GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Half Lite or No lite sliding patio door?

imzjustplayin | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

Wanted to know if anybody knows of any companies that would do a sliding door with half lite glass in it. Want to use the door for the exterior of the building. Also a patio door with a single half lite OX setup where the “O” is a solid panel and the “X” is a single half lite.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Dave,
    I've never seen what you are looking for. It's probably easier to accomplish with French doors than sliding doors.

2. Expert Member
    Michael Maines | | #2

Dave, Marvin can do what you ask, and I believe Loewen can as well; they essentially custom-build everything. Here's a sliding door I did with Marvin.

1. DavidfromPNW | | #5

Michael,

Reviving this old thread as we are looking for the same thing. Quick question, how wide is that slider. Are the two outboards fixed and the middles slide? Thanks

3. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #3

Michael,
    Thanks! I learned something.

4. imzjustplayin | | #4

The reason for the interest in a half lite sliding door (like a large glass patio door) is because the deck reflects a tremendous amount of heat into the room and I want a large unobstructed view out which french doors can't provide what with that bar in the middle.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |