GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Automatic greenhouse vents

GBA Editor | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

In 1985 I had a greenhouse design project through the Louisiana solar design association at LSU. I used an aluminum scissor hinge to open a vent window. It was operated by a wax-filled cylinder that had temperatures etched on the side and you set its range by screwing the cylinder in or out (clockwise or counter). The hinge was passive and worked excellent with about a 5 degree offset. The greenhouse was dismantled by another class and I never got the hinge back. It couldn’t have cost much seeing I was a poor student at the time. Ever ran across these and are they still available?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Ricky,
    Just Google "automatic greenhouse vent" and you will find plenty of suppliers.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |