GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

A vendor emailed regarding a product to apply to the exterior of buildings and windows to improve the energy efficieciency

JQ32vgekGQ | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

Here is a copy of the email – is this credible?

To whom it may concern,

Recently, I’ve been made aware Evergreen State College is taking the initiative to become more efficient as a sustainable university and lead the way for the local community. I would like to reach out to you briefly and introduce a possible means to achieve these strategic goals.

My company manufactures a product Nansulate(r), which is a thermal insulation coating easy to use much like the every day paint that offers the capability to increase efficiency and promote sustainability on your campus, not to mention increase the lifetime.

To give you an idea, some potential benefits include:
Energy Reduction – typical customer reported reduction between 20-40% LEED Credits – LEED credits for Indoor Environmental Quality, Sustainable Sites, Energy and Atmosphere, and Materials and Resources Coverage – $0.50 per square foot for increase coverage (for 3 coats of
coverage)
Speed and Ease of application – Thin film coatings that can be applied with any standard foam paint roller, brush or sprayer to any substrate Long-Term Asset Protection – via corrosion prevention, mold resistance, lead encapsulation, moisture and UV resistance, chemical and flame resistance

I would like to give you a call in the next few days, or at your earliest convenience, to speak more. When would be a good time to talk?

In the mean time I’ve attached some material on sustainable buildings.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Arielle Burchill

Industrial Nanotech, Inc.
[email protected]
http://www.industrial-nanotech.com
http://www.nansulate.com

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. 2yKH8TUu6N | | #1

I find it hard to believe that one can paint on insulation. I would like to see them have it tested by BSC, or some other entity that I trust, not some foreign entity(especially the corrupt Mexican govt.).

2. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #2

"Insulating" paint is a scam that's been around for years.

Here's my blog on the topic, with a few choice words for the scammers at Nansulate:
    ‘Insulating’ Paint Merchants Dupe Gullible Homeowners

3. ZHp7L8p9Zr | | #3

Nansulate(R) coatings are a sound and well used technology worldwide. Many people are uneducated when it comes to new technology and so we chosen to let the performance of the coatings speak for themselves. We have several independent thermal tests that have been done over the years by accredited laboratories, and have built up multiple case studies from industry. People can believe the technology or not, the fact is, we would not still be in business if our product didn't perform. Anyone that wants to look through our case studies or data can come to their own conclusions. Our website is at nansulate(dot)com. Thank you.

4. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #4

If any readers are tempted to believe Francesca's PR, I strongly urge them (once again) to read my report on independent testing that showed Nansulate to be worthless: ‘Insulating’ Paint Merchants Dupe Gullible Homeowners.

5. gusfhb | | #5

Wow, the comments on your blog are amazing, a pretty concerted effort at continuing a scam. Textbook stuff. trying to make it look like lots of people are using the product successfully ......

6. Natur Haus | | #6

No free lunch......

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |