GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

ICF Wall system with Brick veneer – Full brick or Thin brick?

user-693815 | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

I have a 2-story ICF showcase home we are building in Central Florida. My gut tells me thin brick is the better route. Unfortunately, I must be the first builder in CF to build with brick over ICF and have no details from the architect or manufacturer specific to ICF with brick. The biggest problems to solve are figuring out the details around doors and windows and where the first floor roof deck hits the 2nd story ICF wall…any comments?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Greg,
    Your first step should be to contact your ICF supplier or manufacturer. Most ICF manufacturers have technical manuals that include details for a variety of siding types.

For example, below is a detail for brick veneer over ICFs; the detail comes from Plastifab (http://www.plastifab.com/applications/advantageicf/docs/advantage_ICFSystem_technical_manual.pdf). I know that this detail doesn't answer your questions, but it is an example of what is available from an ICF manufacturer.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |