GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

I would like to talk to someone who would be interested in talking to me and others about commercializing WINDGRABBER.

user-1004073 | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

USPTO patents and trademark are available for review, plus a recent ASME technical paper.

http://challenge.ecomagination.com/home/FIXED-COPULA-WINDGRABBER-WIND-TURBINES

Please contact Brett Krippene at 928-592-9483 or by e mail.

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

And I would like to warn anyone tempted to invest money with Brett Krippene that vertical-axis wind turbines fall into a category of products where wishful thinking, exaggerated claims, and ignorance of physics are common.

For a realistic debunking of the vertical-axis wind turbine exaggerations, see “Thoughts on Vertical-Axis Wind Turbines,” by Robert Preus.

Preus wrote, "There is an all-too-common belief that a VAWT [vertical-axis wind turbine] approach will revolutionize the small wind industry. This seems to be a lot of wishful thinking by people who don’t understand physics. It is fed by the seemingly endless string of companies promoting roof-mounted, high-tech variations on the Savonius rotor. Most of these inventions claim to capture more than 100 percent of the energy in the wind at low speeds. The maximum they can actually capture is around 30 percent. If they claim more than that, be very suspicious."

2. user-1004073 | | #2

I agree with what you are saying for conventional VAWT systems. However, WINDGRABBER uses a vertical axis propeller or radial outflow or inflow type of wind turbine assembly using air foil type air blades with the air flow also flowing in a vertical (not solely horizontal) direction through it at high efficiency. The purpose of WINDGRABBER is to utilize the physical benefits of a VAWT system with those of a HAWT system in a manner that it will be acceptable to not only the owner of the system, but the neighbors also so that you will be able to get a local building permit to install and operate it. Please talk to me directly before categorizing me as an ignorant bumpkin, as I have several USPTO patents in my name for low NOx coal, oil and gas burners of from 100 to 300 mmBtu/Hr / single burner duties on power plants sized from 15 to 1,350 MWe single unit continuous ratings - electrical output to the grid, and which have been sold commercially in the large utility boiler industry for more that 40 years. I also have a trademark for WINDGRABBER, as well as several USPTO provisional and non-provisional patents. There is also a WINDGRABBER pilot plant sitting adjacent to my home and driveway here in Rimrock, AZ on top of a high hill.

Best Regards.

Brett C. Krippene, PE
    ASME Life Fellow
    BCK Consulting
    Boilers & Combustion Systems
    Inventor, WINDGRABBER wind turbine systems
    Phone: 928-592-9483

3. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #3

Brett,
    I never categorized you as "an ignorant bumpkin." Those are your words.

I still advise investors to approach this solicitation with great caution. A Web forum like this is not a great place to solicit investors; you are more likely to open yourself to scrutiny by technical experts than you are to be showered with dollars.

4. user-1004073 | | #4

That works for me!

5. user-1004073 | | #5

I'm still waiting to hear from some of those technical experts who have actually looked at my WINDGRABBER design as applied to a new home or office building before offering comment.

"Commercialization" would start with the building and operating and testing and product optimization of a 1 to 10 kWe rated prototype demonstration unit installed here at my Rimrock, AZ home.

Some examples of my WINDGRABBER concepts and ideas can be viewed at my GE ECOMAGINATION CHALLENGE, Phase II, "Powering your Home" contest web page as included below. Potential Partners who would be willing to contribute not only to the cost of doing the prototype (the land, permitting, project management as well as my labor and involvement would be provided at no cost), but also to the product improvement efforts for same is what is being solicited. The reward being, if successfully completed, the commercial WINDGRABBER product line would be developed based on a working WINDGRABBER system, which we could all own and benefit from together!

http://challenge.ecomagination.com/home/FIXED-COPULA-WINDGRABBER-WIND-TURBINES

http://challenge.ecomagination.com/home/WINDGRABBER-GAZEBO-or-SILO-Wind-Turbine-

Phone: 928-592-9483

6. user-723121 | | #6

Having an idea is the easy part, getting the product before the public is the hard part. If you really believe in the concept you will find a way to self finance the venture, be creative.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |