GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Triple-glazed fiberglass windows – Zone 5A

jhrockwell | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

What options exist presently for affordable triple-glazed fiberglass windows in New England? I like the wood interior of Integrity, but wonder if anybody has found windows that hit a sweet spot of performance, price, reliable customer service. Until recently, I’d been considering Intus windows, but ultimately don’t want PVC or unpaintable, white interior sash and frames. Thanks!

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

John,
    This question comes up frequently. Did you read the responses to the last thread on the same issue?
    https://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/community/forum/energy-efficiency-and-durability/26491/i-have-narrowed-my-search-fiberglass-triple-g

2. jhrockwell | | #2

I did not. Thank you.

3. johninglis | | #3

Would you consider a solid wood triple glazed window rather than fiberglass? My company is Lothlorien Woodworking, located in Ontario, and we've delivered frequently in New England. Krypton gas fill, warm edge spacer, thick wood construction, triple weatherstrip, all make for a pretty high performance window. NOT tested in the labs.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |