GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Aluminum door threshold

user-1105327 | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

hi everyone, does anyone know if/where you can purchase a door threshold similar to the one in my picture? i did not find anthing in the gba product guide… thanks

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. davidmeiland | | #1

That might be a Pemko adjustable threshold... take a google and see what you find

2. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #2

Erik,
    Here are sources for something similar:

Lowe's threshold

Pemko threshold

3. dsmcn | | #3

This is one of my favorite sources for thresholds:
    http://www.reeseusa.com
    Although they may not have this particular one, they do offer a variety of thresholds with thermal breaks.
    They also have solutions for a very wide spectrum of threshold "challenges."

4. user-1105327 | | #4

martin, does the gba recommend a particular threshold or style of threshold? the door will swing in and there is 3/4" hardwood specified for the interior...

mr mcneely,there are so many to look through...!

5. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #5

Erik,
    Q. "Does GBA recommend a particular threshold or style of threshold?"

A. Adjustable thresholds are preferable to thresholds that can't be adjusted, for obvious reasons. You want a threshold with durable weatherstripping to create a good air seal.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |