Drywall recommendations?

I've been researching the various options for drywall and would love to get any thoughts or recommendations people might have. I'm trying to avoid buying into the latest drywall sales pitch, I.e. CertainTeed has a "airrenew" version of drywall and they registered the slogan:) maybe it's real and I'm just too jaded by sales and marketing. Does anyone have experience with this drywall? It supposedly will take VOC out of the air in your home for 75 yrs.
Two other options are Georgia-Pacific, and USG. Both talk about recycled content and some panels have synthetic gypsum...not sure I trust what's in that!
For a material that covers most of our interiors I'm surprised there's not more green options. Just trying to make an informed decision on the best option for our 1200sq ft addition.

Asked by Jonah Griffith

1.

Jonah,
The GBA product guide has reviews of 6 drywall products, including CertainTeed AirRenew. Here is the link: Product Guide: Gypsum Board.

In General questions | Asked by Chuck Jensen | Apr 15, 14
In Mechanicals | Asked by Kent Jeffery | Apr 16, 14
In Mechanicals | Asked by Stephen Youngquist | Apr 16, 14
In Mechanicals | Asked by Kent Jeffery | Apr 15, 14
In Green building techniques | Asked by Matt Cibula | Apr 16, 14