GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter X Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Energy-efficient double entry door

jackofalltrades777 | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

Living in Europe one would not have this problem as we have here in the USA; that is finding a good energy-efficient double door.

I need to find a 3′- 0″ x 7′- 10″ (double door), total 6′ width. I can get a French door but I don’t want all glass. I am looking for a nice wood door with an EPS core and excellent double or triple gasket sealing capabilities with European hardware and multiple latching mechanisms for tight air sealing.

Any leads?

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #1

Peter,
    Intus makes doors, including double doors. They may have too much glass for your taste, however. Here is a link: Intus doors.

You might want to consider Drewexim doors. The U.S. distributor is Fenestrations Plus.

More information on GBA:

Passive house exterior door for reasonable price?

Seeking an Affordable Energy-Efficient Exterior Door

New Green Building Products — September 2011

2. dankolbert | | #2

Kohltech too. Our Intus dealer, Maine Green Building Supply, is now repping them as well. DP rating of 100. We're about to order almost the same door (double 2870) from them.

3. jackofalltrades777 | | #3

Are these wood or uPVC/glass double doors? Any pics or links to what they look like?

4. GBA Editor
    Martin Holladay | | #4

Peter,
    Here is a link to the company's website: Kohltech doors.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |