Anybody tried out EXTOSEAL FINOC, an new watertight tape from Proclima and 475?

Just looking for experiences with this tape and what you found it capable of or good for. At $98/roll, experimenting with new products is expensive!

Asked by Keith H

1.

I have not used this particular tape (its just in at 475) but I used several other ProClima tapes and they are very good quality. This tape is a structural vapor barrier. I would have used it on my bottom plates/sills if it were available then.

Answered by flitch plate

2.

I'm actually thinking of trying (pinned under a ramset bottom plate) this tape over my cold joint in my basement for radon control. If it limits water vapor coming in that joint, that would be bonus too as humidity on that level rises during the warm months (yes, lots of other sources for that humidity). I have a radon control system already so this is more of an opportunistic experiment (the bottom plate is going on shortly anyways). I'll re-test afterwards but it won't be too diagnostic of the utility because I'm making a lot of other changes to the houses ACH (hopefully anyways).

I was looking for experience with using the tape on concrete with their supplied primer. Things like whether I likely needed to grind the concrete smooth, adhesion, etc.

I'll try to take a picture or two of the tape when it arrives and post them here.

Answered by Keith H

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Hermann Thoene | Jul 30, 14
In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Calum Wilde | Jul 30, 14
In Green building techniques | Asked by kevin field | Jul 30, 14
In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Jeff Lever | Jul 29, 14
In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by david chinn | Jul 27, 14