I am looking for a table about triple-glazed windows prices

Could you please tell me how to get the table? Or do you have a website or link to help me?
My name is Shawn. I am with ABC Acoustics, Inc. in San Diego.

Asked by Shawn Sanavi
Edited Thu, 06/12/2014 - 14:15

GreenBuildingAdvisor.com is currently in maintenance. During this maintenance it is not possible to change site content (like comments, pages and users).
1.

Shawn,
I don't know of any such table. Even if someone succeeded in creating such a table, it would quickly become obsolete, because prices change all the time.

Needless to say, window prices depend on window size, glazing specs, whether the window is fixed or operable, and the transportation distance.

To get window prices, there is no substitute for submitting your window schedule to a window distributor and asking for a price quote.

To help you winnow down your choices, you may be interested in a couple of tables I created comparing specifications for triple-glazed windows from a variety of manufacturers. Here is a link to my article: Choosing Triple-Glazed Windows.

Edited Thu, 06/12/2014 - 14:13.

2.

Judging from the energy builds featured here on GBA, a lot of people choose Intus triple pane uPVC windows. They do offer a cost effective "bang for the buck" triple pane window. I would give them a call and like mentioned, get a bid for your window schedule. PVC window frames are the least expensive and once you get into wood, aluminum clad, the prices will increase. Intus can be used in Passive House designs and the European design & hardware is top notch.

Answered by Peter L
Edited Fri, 06/13/2014 - 00:59.

3.

Shawn,

If your interest in triple panes is acoustic rather than energy-performance based, then you might want to do a bit more research on the advantages of triple pane versus dual pane - advertising hype versus actual performance.

Like Martin, I have never heard of anyone publishing a table on triple pane prices.

Answered by Greg Smith

Does a flexible stainless steel chimney flue really need an insulation wrap?

In General questions | Asked by W. Timothy Ward | Jan 26, 15

Flooring questions

In General questions | Asked by sr kod | Jan 27, 15

Got cellulose insulation, how to fix the interior holes?

In Green building techniques | Asked by Alan B | Jan 22, 15

Roxul Comfort Board vs. Thermafiber RainBarrier

In Green products and materials | Asked by Caitanya Joy | Jan 23, 15

Double Staggered-Stud Wall vs. 2x3 + Foam Strip + 2x4 Wall

In Green building techniques | Asked by Jeff Cooper | Jan 23, 15