I am looking for a table about triple-glazed windows prices

Could you please tell me how to get the table? Or do you have a website or link to help me?
My name is Shawn. I am with ABC Acoustics, Inc. in San Diego.

Asked by Shawn Sanavi
Edited Thu, 06/12/2014 - 15:15

1.

Shawn,
I don't know of any such table. Even if someone succeeded in creating such a table, it would quickly become obsolete, because prices change all the time.

Needless to say, window prices depend on window size, glazing specs, whether the window is fixed or operable, and the transportation distance.

To get window prices, there is no substitute for submitting your window schedule to a window distributor and asking for a price quote.

To help you winnow down your choices, you may be interested in a couple of tables I created comparing specifications for triple-glazed windows from a variety of manufacturers. Here is a link to my article: Choosing Triple-Glazed Windows.

Edited Thu, 06/12/2014 - 15:13.

2.

Judging from the energy builds featured here on GBA, a lot of people choose Intus triple pane uPVC windows. They do offer a cost effective "bang for the buck" triple pane window. I would give them a call and like mentioned, get a bid for your window schedule. PVC window frames are the least expensive and once you get into wood, aluminum clad, the prices will increase. Intus can be used in Passive House designs and the European design & hardware is top notch.

Answered by Peter L
Edited Fri, 06/13/2014 - 01:59.

3.

Shawn,

If your interest in triple panes is acoustic rather than energy-performance based, then you might want to do a bit more research on the advantages of triple pane versus dual pane - advertising hype versus actual performance.

Like Martin, I have never heard of anyone publishing a table on triple pane prices.

Answered by Greg Smith

w87: Stop Your Loud Snoring With These Tricks And Tips... by Mackenzie G. Garofalo

In General questions | Asked by Holly Huon de Kerilleau | Oct 26, 14

ERV, HRV, Dehumidifier retro fit before finishing basement

In Mechanicals | Asked by Wendy D | Oct 25, 14

What effect does home mass have on the peak cooling load?

In GBA Pro help | Asked by Ted Cummings | Oct 25, 14

Crawl Space With Dirt Floor and Spray Foam

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Paul Staffieri | Oct 25, 14

How do deviations in average winter temperature affect energy consumption?

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by norm farwell | Oct 24, 14