I am looking for a table about triple-glazed windows prices

Could you please tell me how to get the table? Or do you have a website or link to help me?
My name is Shawn. I am with ABC Acoustics, Inc. in San Diego.

Asked by Shawn Sanavi
Edited Thu, 06/12/2014 - 15:15

1.

Shawn,
I don't know of any such table. Even if someone succeeded in creating such a table, it would quickly become obsolete, because prices change all the time.

Needless to say, window prices depend on window size, glazing specs, whether the window is fixed or operable, and the transportation distance.

To get window prices, there is no substitute for submitting your window schedule to a window distributor and asking for a price quote.

To help you winnow down your choices, you may be interested in a couple of tables I created comparing specifications for triple-glazed windows from a variety of manufacturers. Here is a link to my article: Choosing Triple-Glazed Windows.

Edited Thu, 06/12/2014 - 15:13.

2.

Judging from the energy builds featured here on GBA, a lot of people choose Intus triple pane uPVC windows. They do offer a cost effective "bang for the buck" triple pane window. I would give them a call and like mentioned, get a bid for your window schedule. PVC window frames are the least expensive and once you get into wood, aluminum clad, the prices will increase. Intus can be used in Passive House designs and the European design & hardware is top notch.

Answered by Peter L
Edited Fri, 06/13/2014 - 01:59.

3.

Shawn,

If your interest in triple panes is acoustic rather than energy-performance based, then you might want to do a bit more research on the advantages of triple pane versus dual pane - advertising hype versus actual performance.

Like Martin, I have never heard of anyone publishing a table on triple pane prices.

Answered by Greg Smith

Half insulating stone basement

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Geoffrey Cook | Oct 31, 14

Minimum R-values for exterior foam for 2x6 walls

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Craig Steinman | Oct 30, 14

How to seal 4" EPS foam at slab edge (radon concerns)?

In GBA Pro help | Asked by e c | Oct 29, 14

Pipe leak in basement

In General questions | Asked by Andrew Sirianni | Oct 31, 14

Foam insulation question for 100-year-old brick home

In Green building techniques | Asked by Wes Leland | Oct 30, 14