I am looking for a table about triple-glazed windows prices

Could you please tell me how to get the table? Or do you have a website or link to help me?
My name is Shawn. I am with ABC Acoustics, Inc. in San Diego.

Asked by Shawn Sanavi
Edited Thu, 06/12/2014 - 15:15

1.

Shawn,
I don't know of any such table. Even if someone succeeded in creating such a table, it would quickly become obsolete, because prices change all the time.

Needless to say, window prices depend on window size, glazing specs, whether the window is fixed or operable, and the transportation distance.

To get window prices, there is no substitute for submitting your window schedule to a window distributor and asking for a price quote.

To help you winnow down your choices, you may be interested in a couple of tables I created comparing specifications for triple-glazed windows from a variety of manufacturers. Here is a link to my article: Choosing Triple-Glazed Windows.

Edited Thu, 06/12/2014 - 15:13.

2.

Judging from the energy builds featured here on GBA, a lot of people choose Intus triple pane uPVC windows. They do offer a cost effective "bang for the buck" triple pane window. I would give them a call and like mentioned, get a bid for your window schedule. PVC window frames are the least expensive and once you get into wood, aluminum clad, the prices will increase. Intus can be used in Passive House designs and the European design & hardware is top notch.

Answered by Peter L
Edited Fri, 06/13/2014 - 01:59.

3.

Shawn,

If your interest in triple panes is acoustic rather than energy-performance based, then you might want to do a bit more research on the advantages of triple pane versus dual pane - advertising hype versus actual performance.

Like Martin, I have never heard of anyone publishing a table on triple pane prices.

Answered by Greg Smith

The differences between mass and insulation

In Green products and materials | Asked by Nathaniel G | Sep 15, 14

Better choice of exterior wall construction for new home?

In Green building techniques | Asked by Silas Hoeppner | Sep 16, 14

Sill slope? Sealant tape?

In General questions | Asked by Graham Fisher | Sep 16, 14

Help to make it happen

In Project management | Asked by Pat Eb | Sep 16, 14

Trying to determine best assembly to insulate an old church roof being converted to office

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Eric Kronberg | Sep 16, 14