Charging for Twike

Hi

I run the Twike on my farm and charge it for a couple of hours. My farmhouse is medium big with 4 kw solar panels installed atop roofs. With the roofs facing towards south, the energy production is prolific when there's much sun, I must say. I also have a 1 kw immersion tank that runs on solar power. Recently I came across this switching device called solarimmersion. Has anyone installed it? How can the power management get efficient with this? Any ideas?

Asked by kiel bolt

GreenBuildingAdvisor.com is currently in maintenance. During this maintenance it is not possible to change site content (like comments, pages and users).
1.

Kiel,
First, for my benefit and the benefit of other GBA readers, some definitions:

Twike: The brand name of a small, three-wheeled electric vehicle.

Immersion tank: I'm not sure. I know what an "immersion heater" is, but not an "immersion tank." Some farms have watering tanks for cattle that need immersion heaters during the winter. Some farms may have "immersion tanks" for such tasks as dipping sheep -- but I'm just guessing.

SolarImmersion: The brand name of a control device that turns on an immersion heater when a PV array is producing more power than is being used by the building where the PV array is installed. This device may make sense if you live in a location where the local utility does not offer net metering, or where the local utility offers a low price for electricity purchased from homeowners with PV arrays.

Does a flexible stainless steel chimney flue really need an insulation wrap?

In General questions | Asked by W. Timothy Ward | Jan 26, 15

Flooring questions

In General questions | Asked by sr kod | Jan 27, 15

Got cellulose insulation, how to fix the interior holes?

In Green building techniques | Asked by Alan B | Jan 22, 15

Roxul Comfort Board vs. Thermafiber RainBarrier

In Green products and materials | Asked by Caitanya Joy | Jan 23, 15

Double Staggered-Stud Wall vs. 2x3 + Foam Strip + 2x4 Wall

In Green building techniques | Asked by Jeff Cooper | Jan 23, 15