Charging for Twike

Hi

I run the Twike on my farm and charge it for a couple of hours. My farmhouse is medium big with 4 kw solar panels installed atop roofs. With the roofs facing towards south, the energy production is prolific when there's much sun, I must say. I also have a 1 kw immersion tank that runs on solar power. Recently I came across this switching device called solarimmersion. Has anyone installed it? How can the power management get efficient with this? Any ideas?

Asked by kiel bolt

1.

Kiel,
First, for my benefit and the benefit of other GBA readers, some definitions:

Twike: The brand name of a small, three-wheeled electric vehicle.

Immersion tank: I'm not sure. I know what an "immersion heater" is, but not an "immersion tank." Some farms have watering tanks for cattle that need immersion heaters during the winter. Some farms may have "immersion tanks" for such tasks as dipping sheep -- but I'm just guessing.

SolarImmersion: The brand name of a control device that turns on an immersion heater when a PV array is producing more power than is being used by the building where the PV array is installed. This device may make sense if you live in a location where the local utility does not offer net metering, or where the local utility offers a low price for electricity purchased from homeowners with PV arrays.

Enclosed room on slab

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Jason Schatz | Oct 16, 14

Curbless shower with a PVC liner -- how to terminate the liner at the floor?

In General questions | Asked by john walls | Oct 19, 14

what is the best ventilation system for a passive design cafe/restaurant ??

In PassivHaus | Asked by monita taghva | Oct 20, 14

insulation dew points, and archaic insulation

In GBA Pro help | Asked by Graham Allan | Oct 20, 14

“Air-sealed” can light retrofit vs. Tenmat cover in attic?

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by andrew c | Jun 22, 14