Charging for Twike

Hi

I run the Twike on my farm and charge it for a couple of hours. My farmhouse is medium big with 4 kw solar panels installed atop roofs. With the roofs facing towards south, the energy production is prolific when there's much sun, I must say. I also have a 1 kw immersion tank that runs on solar power. Recently I came across this switching device called solarimmersion. Has anyone installed it? How can the power management get efficient with this? Any ideas?

Asked by kiel bolt

1.

Kiel,
First, for my benefit and the benefit of other GBA readers, some definitions:

Twike: The brand name of a small, three-wheeled electric vehicle.

Immersion tank: I'm not sure. I know what an "immersion heater" is, but not an "immersion tank." Some farms have watering tanks for cattle that need immersion heaters during the winter. Some farms may have "immersion tanks" for such tasks as dipping sheep -- but I'm just guessing.

SolarImmersion: The brand name of a control device that turns on an immersion heater when a PV array is producing more power than is being used by the building where the PV array is installed. This device may make sense if you live in a location where the local utility does not offer net metering, or where the local utility offers a low price for electricity purchased from homeowners with PV arrays.

How do deviations in average winter temperature affect energy consumption?

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by norm farwell | Oct 24, 14

Add R-14 Roxul between the garage attic and the house?

In Energy efficiency and durability | Asked by Mike Lucas | Oct 23, 14

Will spray foaming my basement rot my sill plate?

In General questions | Asked by Chris McLean | Oct 24, 14

Calculating how much air needed to even out temps for minisplit

In Mechanicals | Asked by Tom Frisch | Oct 23, 14

Radiant Retrofit Best Practice

In General questions | Asked by mie asdfav | Oct 24, 14